Wednesday, July 17, 2013

FOOD: Where to Eat in Cebu City

Aside from the visual and auditory delights that I experienced in Cebu, I must say that one of the unforgettable highlights that I got to experience in the entire trip was through my mouth. (No green connotation intended!). For the past few months, I was actually struggling to get into a rather strict diet since my sister is getting married soon. But all those weight-gain-worries were all forgotten at the sight of all those freaking delectable food!

So let me give you my two cents worth of the gastronomical stops that you can try out if you're planning to go on a trip to that big city down south.





Larsian
This reminded me of Newton Circus in Singapore except that it has all types of pinoy street food instead of full on dishes. The location and ambiance of the place doesn't feel really secured (so make sure you don't bring so much valuables when going here), but then you can still feel the richness of its culture and the authenticity of the flavors the moment you walk in. Its very overwhelming at first because all these store owners would flock you and try to convince you to buy from them, but the "mechanics" in eating at Larsian is very simple -- (1) pick a store, (2) choose what you want them to grill, (3) take a seat and mix your sawsawans (4) get as many puso rice as you like and (5) when your gets off the grill, ATTACK! 

Location: Capitol Site, Cebu City
Price Range: P50.00 to P80.00 per person 




Rico's Lechon
Aside from the known brands of Cebu Lechon (Zubuchon and CNT), I could probably say that I was able to enjoy this brand just the same. When we dined in, we ordered two types -- 1/2 kilo of the spicy lechon and 1/2 kilo of the regular lechon. For a group of three girls, this was too much for us (too much to eat and too much high blood pressure attacks). Also, just like the other known Cebu Lechon stores, Rico's Lechon also knows how to travel pack orders so that it would be safe for travel. 

Location: Unit 4&5, Ridges, Commercial Complex, F. Cabahug St., 6000 Mabolo, Cebu City, Philippines 
Price Range: P300.00 to P600.00 per person 




Dessert Factory
If you're with your girl friends hanging out in Metro Cebu, then this would be the perfect place to sit down and have that long overdue PMS / Love Life / Quarter Life Crisis talks. Anything sweet and could calm down your raging feminine hormones are basically on their menu like ice cream cakes, a la modes, cookies, sponge cakes, milk shakes, espressos and banana splits. Name it! I also like the ambiance of the place because of all the pastel shades of green and purple -- it makes me feel like a girl. HAHAHA! 

Location: 3/F Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City 
Price Range: P180.00 to P250.00 per serving of cake / coffee




Paolito's STK
This has always been one of my favorites ever since my ex-boss introduced this to me one faithful business trip. I've always loved what I would like to call "pink rice" (which is written in their menu as bagoong rice). It's "bagoong" flavor is just very subtle which makes it ideal to mix with other dishes. I also like their baked scallops which I admit, I could finish like three plates of it. The location of this restaurant is also not known to most taxi drivers or van drivers in Metro Cebu, but you can mention to them that the street is near the Dynasty Tourist Inn. I must say, this is a really go-to place when you're in Cebu. 

Location: 6 Orchid Street Capitol Site. Cebu City.
Price Range: P200.00 to P300.00 per dish 




Mooon Cafe
For all those self-diagnosed OC people, yes, it really has three letter Os! Mooon Cafe is a Mexican fusion inspired restaurant that could more or less be at par with similar restaurants here in Manila such as Agave or Cantina. They are very known for their hardcore Tacos, Nachos, Fajitas, Baby Back Ribs, Burritos and what not. I've seen this food chain in different spots in Visayas region, but I've read that they will open somewhere in Manila. 

Location: 2/F Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City  
Price Range: P250.00 to P400.00 per dish 




Sunburst Chicken
If you're in for quality quick meals, Sunburst Chicken is the place to dine in. What I liked about on the menu is their hefty order of Chicken Skin. I really didn't care if I ate Cebu Lechon earlier that day and munched on those crispy skins after. I just YOLO-ed my way to having a high blood attack! There are a whole lot of combo meals to choose from which I think is really good for families and big groups. 

Location: Annex Building, SM City Cebu
Price Range: P150.00 to P200.00 per dish

Are you in Cebu City but can't decide where to go to? Check out my previous posts about the city's landmarks here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment